DScaler Forum Index DScaler
Support Forum for the DScaler project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tuner mt2050+btwincap dont work,use mt2050.cpp from dscaler?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> Forum Discussion - No DScaler Related Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: tuner mt2050+btwincap dont work,use mt2050.cpp from dscaler? Reply with quote

who uses pinnacle with the tuner mt2050, knows that the only driver that works is provided from pinnacle, the alternative btwincap should have mt2050 support, but never worked.

Since many people is starting to use os 64bit and pinnacle wont provide a driver for 64bit...the only option is to use the btwincap 64bit driver.

The tuner MT2050 in DScaler works like a charm...viewing the btwincap and DScaler source, they use two files for tuner MT2050:

Dscaler:
-MT2050.cpp
-MT2050.h

BTwincap
-MT2050.cpp
-MT2050.hpp

I dont know anything about building drivers/compiling, but i was wondering if is possible to replace the MT2050.cpp/MT2050.hpp from BTwincap, with the DScaler MT2050.cpp/MT2050.h?

ps: if anyone have the tools necessary to compile the drivers the way i said...i┤ll appreciate and i try it for 32bit version.

source code of BTwincap http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=38123 (32bit version)

Thanks.
RobM
Hardware Support Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont know anything about building drivers/compiling, but i was wondering if is possible to replace the MT2050.cpp/MT2050.hpp from BTwincap, with the DScaler MT2050.cpp/MT2050.h?

This is not possible.
Try replacing your wife with a woman with the same name, it probably won't work.
casser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobM wrote:
Quote:

This is not possible.
Try replacing your wife with a woman with the same name, it probably won't work.

nice answer

yesterday i checked the btwincap source and i got the same ideia that┤s not possible, the error is not in that files..where? i dont really know..maybe btwincap confuses the mt2050 with mt2032.

installing a different tuner (mt2032 or any other) for the mt2050 with btwincap is the same if i install using mt2050...green image, with a small surface of "tv rain" and buzzing sound.

Since Pinnacle will not support 64bit drivers for this tuner and btwincap is not working, is really frustrating.
RobM
Hardware Support Developer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a 64-bit btwincap driver exist?
casser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobM wrote:
Does a 64-bit btwincap driver exist?

A user from PlanetAMD, have ported the btwincap driver for 64bit, you can see the original topic here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=13012&hl=

you can download it from here

http://www.pctuner.ru/page-al-btwincap64.html

So far the only problem with the 64bit driver is the same with the 32bit driver, no MT2050 support.
casser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With DScaler ver. 4.1.17 tuner MT2050 works great in XP 64bit

Thanks..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> Forum Discussion - No DScaler Related Posts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: