DScaler Forum Index DScaler
Support Forum for the DScaler project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-English Language Forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> Forum Discussion - No DScaler Related Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschmelzer
Support & Web

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All--

It seems that the French user forum has launched OK, so I thought maybe there would be other languages that could now be supported.

In order for a forum to get off the ground, we would need a native-speaking moderator who is willing to spend a substantial amount of time answering user questions, and a super-user or two that knows something about DScaler and can generate a good discussion.

We can start a forum at any time, but complete language support won't come until version 2.0 of phpBB is implemented. A list of languages that will be fully supported can be found here...

[ This Message was edited by: dschmelzer on 2002-03-25 07:44 ]
dschmelzer
Support & Web

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now that version 2.0.0 is out, you are able to work completely in your native tongue. Please see the list of language packs.

Tonight, I will try installing the French language pack.
dschmelzer
Support & Web

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added an Italian support forum. Thanks to dubmaster for offering to moderate.

We'll try it on a probationary basis for a month or two to see what kind of traffic is generated.

I would like to see a Russian, Chinese (traditional and/or simplified), and Japanese language forums. We know that we have many thousands of users in Russia, for instance.

Volunteers to moderate?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DScaler Forum Index -> Forum Discussion - No DScaler Related Posts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: